Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Install Fest: Mac OS X, Windows Vista and FreeBSD in the night

I decide to not sleep tonight, and instead try to install some operation systems. Something like home night install fest ;)
First i try  to install Mac OS X x86.
I used this release
Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO
I am not giving you a link, you know where to find it.
The installation was very easy. I made some screenshots of the installation and will upload the here, but first have to take it from my photo camera.
The installation complete successful without any problems. The problem come after that. It doesn't boot. I add it to my GRUB config
title=Mac OS X
root (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
it started to boot, but dieing at the beginning and nothing happen. Maybe something in my hardware is not compatible, but the main requrement is SSE2 or SSE3, and i got SSE2 on my Sempron 2800+. I don't know, maybe i will have more success withe some next version.

After that i install Windows Vista. The installtion was easy than older windows version.
Before the end of the installation i get BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). WTF? I expected RSOD (Red Screen Of Death). I restart a couple of times, try to boot in safe mode. But the windows gave me error "The installation can not be compleated in safe mode". After these restarts i don't know how, but the BSOD disappear and the installation continued and complete.
Here is the result



The next one was FreeBSD 6.1
i had no success again with FreeBSD, it die in the beginning with some strange error for uhub0.
I have to ask in some bsd forum or in freenode. The last time when i trying to install it, the hard disk was the problem, but i change this hard disk. I had success with freebsd only on vmware.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a noob you are ;Z

PoisoneR said...

haha, yes i am, as long as you think so.
The problem with the mac os x is my hardware. It is not design to run native on this hardware.
The problem with the freebsd I solved with some people help.